The process of changing your Telkom LTE package
Read this article if you want to learn more about upgrading, downgrading, renewing or migrating your LTE package.
How upgrading or downgrading your LTE package to a new deal works:
The ability to change your Telkom LTE package depends on how many months you are into your contract or commitment period:
1) If you are 1 - 3 months into your Telkom LTE contract period, you cannot change your package. In this instance, if you want a new deal you will need to take out a new contract.
2) If you are 4 - 21 months into your contract period, you are allowed to change your package. Telkom refers to this as a package migration and we charge an administration fee and a penalty fee to perform the migration which is calculated at the time of the package migration request.
3) If you are in the 22nd month or more of your contract period, you are allowed to change your package. Telkom refers to this as a package renewal and no administration or penalty fees will be charged.
Telkom LTE Deal/Package Change Eligibility Table:
Months Into Contract
Package Change Allowed
Action To Be Taken
1 - 3 months
4 - 21 months
22 months +
Steps to follow to initiate a change to your LTE package:
To change your Telkom LTE deal you can:
Provide us with the service number on your Telkom bill of the package you wish to change or the MSISDN (Cell phone number) of the sim card linked to your LTE service.
A DSL Telecom agent will check your current contract term and see if you are eligible to change your package and determine if any fees are applicable.
Once you agree to proceed, we will go ahead and complete the migration on our system. Your new package will be active within 24 hours of successful processing. Please note that the change in package will be done on your existing sim card and a new sim card will not be issued.
- Telkom Mobile App - Learn how to download the Telkom App for Android & Apple devices
- LTE | How to top up your Telkom LTE data
Telkom LTE Renewal Process
This article is for existing Telkom LTE clients who are interested in renewing their Telkom LTE contracts. You have the option of either renewing for just a Sim-Only deal or renewing for a Sim + Router deal from the 21st month of your Telkom LTE ...
[ How to ] upgrade/downgrade your Telkom LTE package
This article is for existing Telkom LTE customers. The Migration Process explained: Your Telkom LTE contract can only be upgraded or downgraded after 3 consecutive months of your LTE being active and having had successful billing. You can only ...
How to upgrade or downgrade your Vox fibre package
This article is for existing Vox fibre clients who would like to upgrade/downgrade their fibre package. To easily upgrade/downgrade your Vox fibre package, simply: Step 1: Request the desired package you wish to upgrade/downgrade to via call or ...
How to block your Telkom LTE SIM card
This article is for Telkom LTE SIM Card holders who would like to block their SIM Card due to the SIM Card being damaged or stolen. Steps to block your Telkom LTE SIM Card: Blocking your Telkom LTE Sim Card is very straight forward. There are 4 easy ...
[How to] change your Telkom LTE delivery address
This article is for new Telkom LTE customers who need to change their delivery address. Follow the Below Steps to change your delivery address: Step 1. Need to change your delivery address for your Telkom LTE order? No problem! Simply contact ...