How to set up your Telkom LTE Huawei B311B router
Steps to setting up your Telkom LTE Huawei B311B router
Step 1: Attach the socket to the router
The socket helps to keep the router upright to improve its Wi-Fi signal reception.
Step 2: Make sure you insert the correct SIM card (nano-SIM)
Step 3: Insert the SIM card gently into the SIM card slot in the direction shown in the figure below until it clicks
Important to note:
- To remove the SIM card, gently press the SIM card in until it clicks. The card will automatically pop out.
- Do not insert or remove the SIM card when the router is running as this may affect performance or damage the SIM card.
Step 4: Connect the power adapter to the router
The white indicators will turn on when the router has successfully connected to a network.
Important to note: If the network status indicator is red, it indicates there is no network connection.
Here's what you can try:
- Check if the SIM card is correctly inserted.
- If the issue persists, restore the router to factory settings and try again. To restore factory settings, press and hold the Reset button until the network status indicator starts to flash. Release the button and the router will restore to its factory settings.
Step 5: Connecting to your router's Wi-Fi network
Once the router has connected to a mobile data network, you can connect your computer or mobile phone to the router's Wi-Fi network to access the internet. Refer to the label on the back of the router for the default Wi-Fi network name (Wi-Fi Name) and password (Wi-Fi Password)
Important to note:
- When the Wi-Fi indicator is steady, Wi-Fi is enabled. To enable or disable Wi-Fi, refer to the router's web-based management page. (Refer to the label on the back of the router for the default IP address, password and so on.)
- Ensure that you promptly change the Wi-Fi network name and password on the web-based management page to prevent unauthorised access to your Wi-Fi network. Once you have changed the password, you will need to reconnect to the router's Wi-Fi network.
How to self- install your Vox Router
This article is for new Vox FTTH customers who need to install and set up their Vox Fibre WiFi router Vox will order a fibre line from the fibre supplier who then lays the fibre outside the property boundary wall. The fibre line supplier then needs ...
[How To] Set up your D-Link LTE Router
This article is for existing Telkom LTE customers who need to set up their D-Link LTE router. Follow these steps to set up your D-Link LTE router: Step 1. Insert the SIM Card into your D-Link DWR-957M Wi-Fi router. A) Flip the router upside down and ...
How To Set Up Your Telkom LTE Huawei E5577 Mifi Router
This article is for new Telkom LTE customers who have purchased the Huawei E5577 mifi portable router. Router overview Steps to setting up your Telkom LTE Huawei E5577 mifi router Step 1: Insert your SIM card and battery 1.1.1 Remove the back cover ...
How To Reset Your Telkom Huawei E5577 Mifi Pocket Router
This article is for new Telkom LTE customers who would like to factory reset their Huawei E5577 portable router. A router reset will erase all of your customised settings. The router username and password will be reset to factory default values as ...
How to self-install your Telkom fibre router
This article is for new Telkom fibre clients who have just received their Telkom FTTH router and need to install their fibre router and setup their username and password. For Telkom FTTH orders, the fibre router will be delivered to the delivery ...