Once your suburb is fibre-ready, you will be able to schedule a fibre installation into your home. If you wish to take up fibre services, you will need to place an order, which you can do here: www.uncappefibre.co.za.
Your installation will be scheduled at a time convenient for you and one of our expert teams will come through to your home to provide the fibre from the street into your home.
What does the installation involve?
The installation will involve running the fibre cable from the fibre box on your boundary wall into your home. The installer will need to drill a small hole through your boundary wall where the fibre box is situated and feed the fibre cable through your home to where your router will be located.
Who installs the fibre cable?
Your fibre network operator (Vuma, Octotel, Frogfoot, Openserve, etc) will come to your property to install an ONT (optical network terminal). The network provider will notify your internet service provider that the infrastructure has been installed for your fibre connection.
How long will installation take?
Installation can take anything between 2 – 4 hours depending on the complexity of getting the fibre cable from the boundary wall to where you want the ONT to be located.
When will I get my router?
Your ISP ( Vox ) will deliver your Fibre router after the ONT has been installed. Vox will notify you on your router delivery via SMS, email and a phone call. You will receive a email from Vox providing you with your Vox username and password details. The technician will install your router for you, set your Wi-Fi password and ensure you are connected to your fibre line. Make sure that you advise your fibre network operator to position the ONT in the central point of your home, close to your devices, to ensure maximum Wi-Fi coverage.
In some cases, depending on your Fibre Network Operator, the installation technician may provide you with your router on the day of installation, once the installation process is complete.
How long is the entire process?
Vox fibre live areas: General install lead times are 7 - 21 working days once the order has been processed.
Tips for an optimal fibre connection:
1. Position your Wi-Fi router in the centre of your home.
2. Cordless phones, baby monitors and microwaves can interfere with the signal so try and keep these out of the way of your signal.
3. Avoid placing your router on the floor, in a cupboard or near other heat-producing devices. The higher up, the better.
4. Connect some devices that are stationary to an ethernet cable to enable lag-free gaming, smoother streaming and a more reliable home security network. This dedicates the Wi-Fi performance to your devices ( tablets, phones and laptops ) that move around a lot.
5. Optimise your network. If you have a large home or an intricate layout, you can install Wi-Fi extenders to give you that extra reach and coverage. Available here: https://shop.vox.co.za/dsltelecom/products/home_wifi_mesh
If you have any support queries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our product and service offering by visiting www.dsltelecom.co.za.